photo menu-home.png   photo menu-archives.png   photo menu-gallery.png   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

29 November 2013

Get It Scrapped With a Single Object Photo

HANDED DOWN WITH LOVE – A layout for Get It Scrapped



Story: I have already told you the story of this special teddy bear on a Storytelling Sunday a couple of months back.  He was born from quilts that had been used by a couple generations of my husband’s family.  The quilts were so worn that my mother-in-law had the salvageable parts made into stuffed animals.  She gave us this adorable little bear.
Style: I used 3 separate photos of the bear, highlighting a close-up with a double mat.  I chose colors in my papers to complement the bear’s colors.  You may recognize that star paper from an earlier layout – the soft aqua color is so pretty – I wanted to use every bit.  Another of my papers was vintage in style including hand stitching marks – like on a quilt.  The soft foam alphabet was a squeezable choice (like the bear).  I added several hearts to echo the heart-shaped toy the bear holds.
Stash: Patterned papers, My Minds Eye, Studio Calico, Websters Pages and Bazzill Basics; Photo mat, Scenic Route; Die-cuts, American Crafts and October Afternoon; Chipboard, Amy Tangerine; Alphabets, American Crafts and October Afternoon; Buttons, Jenni Bowlin.

6 comments:

  1. Your page celebrating this special bear is gorgeous. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors and those sweet photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely page indeed - and such a precious little object it is. The colours are perfect - fresh but subtly vintage in look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout - I especially like all the little bits & pieces you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colours and layers here - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this layout first over at GIS and immediately recognized it as your work. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete