photo menu-home.png   photo menu-archives.png   photo menu-gallery.png   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

06 December 2013

Show At Sunset

SHOW AT SUNSET – The final layout from Paper Camellia’s October kit



Story: This page features more photos from the Summer Scavenger Photo Hunt.  While attending an evening band competition in a stadium surrounded by cornfields, the sunset provided a show of its own.  The three snapshots show the progression, not unlike three movements in a marching band performance.  With the combination of the pretty sunset and a good contest result for our band, we left the contest feeling very contented.
Style: I chose 4 strips of paper in varying sizes to layer on top of the cardstock background.  One had a radiating pattern of concentric circles that was perfect.  I trimmed the photos down to fit behind 3 Polaroid-type sticker frames.  I placed a banner of stickers and chipboard elements to the left in a vertical fashion.  It became obvious where the title would go. 

I could, of course, have rotated the orientation 90 degrees, moved the photos to horizontal positions and placed the title and banner across the top of the page, in the conventional way.  But, to me, the setting sun would not be radiating downward.  It would be radiating toward us – as it was that evening.  In fact, placing the accents on the frames which are tilted to the right and having heavier color on the right also, shifts the balance of the page enough to hint at the setting motion of the sun.
Stash: Cardstock, Stampin Up; Patterned paper, Fancy Pants, Crate Paper and Webster's Pages; Alphabet, American Crafts; Stickers, Fancy Pants; Photogram frames, Scrapbook Customs;  floss and buttons, on hand.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the photos and the banner!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't take my eyes off this! Stunning, and not just the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That banner? Gorgeous! Beautifully placed too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic - I really like the design with the round element & everything pointing to the sun setting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know some people are 'over' banners, but I'm not and yours is a brilliant example. Those sunset shots are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely design - you've inspired me to use some paper I've had in my 'use it or lose it' stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I adore these photos. You are so lucky to have captured the going, going, gone sun. Also love the side banner and title. Really cool layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely layout...the orientation of the page is perfect!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. This is a lovely layout. I really like the circular shape, the title letters and the photos askew. Great job!

    ReplyDelete