photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

22 April 2014

Get It Scrapped On a Two-Page Shelf

Gimme A Smile – A Layout for Get It Scrapped


Story: This two-page layout is to showcase lots of photos of my little boy in his first year.  Being so very far behind, I decided to gather up pictures with all kinds of happy facial expressions, and crop them in close.
Style: I arranged them on a shelf that extends across the pages tying together two related patterned papers used as backgrounds.  You will also notice that I used a third pattern on the bottom of both pages.  I made the shelf substantial to support two rows of photos, incorporating banners, hexagons and flags, topped with scattered buttons to draw your eye across its entire length.  Your eye is then rewarded with little bits of journaling at that end.

shelf detail
Stash: Papers, transparencies, chipboard and buttons, My Mind's Eye; Alphabets, Basic Grey, October Afternoon and Adornit; Punches, EK Success and Stampin Up; Stamps, Stampin Up; Tags, Ormolu and Jenni Bowlin Studio.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the banners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like shelves that go across a page join like that. Gives such a nice feeling of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous work. Looks fab in the frame~love the black n' white pic's:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 2 pager! Love the way you used that MME paper. I struggle with these prints sometimes, but love how that design is in the "white" space of the layout. Really love this design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shelf across the two pages and the way you have used the pattern to create the full 24" look is great. Such a lovely page

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, but then I'm always a fan of grey and yellow. I like the idea of a shelf to put the pictures on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, your 2 pager is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh. I love this. The banner is fab and I love that you did the photos in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww such a sweet layout and sweet photos :)
    I have to say I love the banner border :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabulous double! Both the backgrounds really compliment each other...clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this spread - great idea to crop the photos to get so many onto the layout and I like the shelf idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful two page spread. I loved that MME line and you used it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the honeycomb pattern on the paper on the right hand side.
    The colors are great, too.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  14. aWWWWW!!! Love this!!! It's a great page! Far behind, eh? Me too. I'm scrapping 2008 photos but I still have all the photos from 1993-2000 plus 2008 to current. ACK.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful page Susanne - really gorgeous DLO. One tiny critcism - when I click on the image for a closer look - its no bigger - a double pager needs closer inspection, especially one as lovely as this.

    ReplyDelete