photo menu-home   photo menu-gallery   photo menu-resume   photo menu-resume.png   photo menustudio1.png

23 April 2014

Paper, scraps, books, etc. on my desk

Welcome to this week’s WOYWW – What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday post!

Today you get a shot of my desk in the den as my desk in the studio is quite tidy excepting a layout in process for Get It Scrapped is sitting front and center.  No peeks for you, today.

DSC01464

In the den, is much evidence of my pleasantly busy life right now, including:
  • Two phones, my old Samsung and my new Samsung smart phone.  I just got it over the weekend and while I was able to take the picture of my desk with its camera, I was not able to email it successfully to my home computer – something to do with encryption that I probably should have ignored.  I guess either the phone or me is not as smart as needed.  But my trusty point and shoot did the trick.
  • A newspaper clipping that hubby brought up to me from the weekend paper.  It is news that my old boss at the newspaper wrote a book called Paperboy in his retirement.  It’s racking up the accolades apparently, named a Newberry Honor book among other things.  I think he’d say in his modest self-effacing way:  “Who’d’ve thunk it?”  Not me, but congrats to him. Okay, that sounded like a back-handed compliment, didn’t it.  I just mean that you don’t often think of people you know well as “award winning authors”.  (Do you?)
  • Under that is a piece of Basic Grey Basics patterned paper that I will be printing my journaling on for the aforementioned secret layout.
  • 2 soon-to-expire catalogs from Stampin Up – I ordered a “few” things from the retiring list yesterday.  As they have just announced a partnership with Becky Higgins for their own Project Life line, I suspect another order will be in the offing sooner rather than later.  (You’re shocked, right?)
  • A list of J’s senior pictures that I want in electronic form – I have to call about those and then go pick up our proofs.
  • Then there is the stack of books I picked up on my last outing with L.  It’s always good to have a couple extra books ready for when I finish the 3 I now have in process.
  • You might spy the syllabus from Project Life Lessons.  Yes, I decided on that class at Big Picture (deadline to join class is today, BTW).  I am also signed up for the Sketchbook 2014 class of Kelly Purkey’s
  • My reading glasses – I don’t often put my contacts in at 4 a.m. when I sneak up to the den.
  • There in the back is 5 days worth of mail that I need to sort.  So I’d better be off.

You, on the other hand, might want to drop by Julia’s Stampin Ground and see what everyone else is up to today.  I’ll hopping around there tomorrow, when the laundry is running.  See ya!

26 comments:

  1. It was fun to stop by your desk today and see what you are doing even if it isn't your craft desk! :) #80 Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So busy - how do find time to craft! When I'm struggling with my mobile OH always says there is no point having a smart phone with a stupid person using it. I have a feeling I am not alone however. I am sure you will enjoy the classes! Happy WOYWW, Cindy #56

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great desk shot and thanks for explaining everything ;)
    Happy WOYWW!
    no. 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some interesting stuff going on there. I checked out the book because the title intrigued me: a reporter here published one of the same name recently

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the glimpse into your life right now - always fun to see what someone else is up to. Tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One busy lady there!! Have a great week, Chris # 19 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to be pretty busy these. So your desk says!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll get the hang of the new phone soon enough - took me about a week - and now, a month on, I don't know how I managed with a 'dumb phone'
    Happy Wednesday
    Laura
    51

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun in both classes I took the last Sketchbook class and enjoyed it as to the phone I'm afraid I'd be no help as my eight year old usually has to get mine to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy lady - I love glimpses like this !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are working on a few projects there :)
    I love that you needed a few books as a back up to the 3 you are reading at the time, teehee. I so get it

    ReplyDelete
  12. busy but organised by all accounts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only hidden secrets and SU retirements, but we appear to have the same Samsung smart phone! Fun indeed x

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like you are busy and that is good:):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sound busy! Nice to hear that someone else reads three books at a time! I've got one I read at bedtime, one in the evenings and one at work for lunchtime!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh you are a busy lady. I too have to put an order in for some retiring goodies ( though we haven't officially got the list here in UK yet. Thanks for popping by my blog. Anne x #37

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Gimme A Smile layout in the previous post. How do you stay on top of it all?! #32

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I am late stopping by. Very interesting things on your desk. Thanks for stopping by my desk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I do miss WOYWW! Love to get a peek at your desk. So you did sign up for a couple of classes??? I am still on the fence...... I don't have the time so will probably pass for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of this and that on your desk to work on. That Project Life is really taking over everywhere. I'm thinking of starting my own version called Project Get a Life for us folks who don't have anything newsworthy to scrap about. You know, right after I clean off my desk. Ugh. Thanks for the WOYWW visit earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, definitely the desk of a someone with a very busy life! Great catching up with all that's going on in your world this week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always say a messy desk is a sign of inspiration in progress.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. A very full accounting of a very busy and creative lady!! Sorry, I've so late stopping by for WOYWW! I hope you've had a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a delightful peek into your life. Glad to be doing a nice catch-up today.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a lot of activities happening (or pending) there! I also have a new smart phone, dragged kicking and screaming from the dark ages :)
    Thanks for dropping by the other day,
    RosA # 36

    ReplyDelete